Community Information for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
General Guidelines for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Anyone who is feeling unwell should not visit a hospital or other health care facility unless it is to seek care. Call your primary physician or urgent care. Do not go to the Emergency Room.
- This is a link to a virtual care visit: https://www.prohealthcare.org/medical-services/virtual-visits/
- Screen Yourself using this COVID-19 Application
- COVID 19 Outbreak Patient/Family Home Resource Handout
- ProHealth Q/A Coronavirus Hotline, 262-928-4499
- If not feeling well stay home
- Only call 911 if there is a medical emergency – chest pain, shortness of breath, etc.
- Keep at least six feet between you and others.
COVID-19 Business Resources
- Waukesha Works Economic Recovery Grant – This program is designed to assist small businesses in the City who have been impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic and the State of Wisconsin “Safer at Home” orders.
- Waukesha County Center for Growth Coronavirus Updates – List of business resources and important updates. Website includes several useful articles, guides and legal resources.
Village Board Declares State of Emergency
The Village Board has declared a State of Emergency for the Village of Mukwonago. Click Here
In an attempt to limit the spread of COVID-19 the Village of Mukwonago is limiting public access effective immediately to Village buildings. The following buildings are closed to the public: Village Hall; Water and Sewer Utilities, Public Works Building; Fire Department; Library, and Police Department (lobby). Click here to read the full statement on Municipal Building Closure.
Tax Payments and Utility Bill Payments
Tax and utility bill payments will NOT be accepted in-person at Village Hall. Payments can be mailed (440 River Crest Court, Mukwonago WI, 53149), dropped off in the drop box at the rear of Village Hall, or payment can be made online.
This will be updated daily. We are hoping to have a virtual meeting option available soon.
Building permits and plans will only be accepted online at the Building Inspection Services page, by mail, or by drop box. We will not be holding any in-person office appointments. We will continue to conduct inspections upon discretion until further notice.
Library will be closed to the Public. Staff will be working. More information can be found at the Mukwonago Library Website.
Park Buildings will continue to be closed for the season. Normally opening is on May 1, we will evaluate as this date draws near.
All police department tours and talks are cancelled and we are not accepting any food donations.
The police department lobby will be closed for non-emergency activities. It will remain open for emergencies only. We are not performing PBT tests, fingerprinting and other services. If a person wishes to file a report, they should call the police department at (262) 363-6434.
Follow CDC recommendations:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always washing hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoiding touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
- Covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash. If no tissue, sneezing or coughing into elbow, not hands.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Stay Up to Date:
WI-DHS will host weekly Facebook Live updates on Thursdays.