This grant is designed to help these small businesses get back on their feet while also encouraging adoption of best practices to keep employees, customers and communities safe.
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) will open the $2,500 We’re All In (WAI) grant on June 15th at 8 AM and the application will be open until June 21st 11:59 PM. This grant will not be first come first serve, so you can apply on any day during time the application is open. They will use scoring system to award the money (see Q&A on the website for more info). Overall, the grant will support 30,000 businesses in Wisconsin. To apply they will provide an on-line application on June 15th on their designated page on the WEDC website. The application is not there yet. The attached is the link to the website, where for now you can find more info on the grant and the application on June 15th: https://wedc.org/programs-and-resources/wai-small-business-grant/.
Please make sure that you provide all of the required documentation otherwise the application will be rejected.
- For profit company at or under 20 employees
- Earn more than $0 but less than $1 M in annual revenues
- Started prior January 1st, 2020 and were in business in February 2020
You are eligible to apply even if you received EIDL or PPP. WEDC claims that the scoring influence of PPP and EIDL will be low, as many businesses received one or both. The business with no other help will receive slightly higher score in this category.
You will need these documents to apply:
1. 2018 or 2019 federal tax return for business (If you started your business in 2020, you are not eligible for this grant). Applicable tax returns are:
- IRS form 1065 Partnership Return (no K-1s required)
- IRS form 1120 Corporation Return (no schedules required)
- IRS form 1120S S Corporation Return (no K-1s required)
- IRS form 1040 (sole proprietors) and the following:
- Schedule C, Profit and Loss from Business
- Signed W-9 form available at www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
- A letter or email of acknowledgement from a community organization (ED, SBDC, your bank) indicating your business was in operation in February 2020.
2. Signed W-9 form available at www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
3. A letter or email of acknowledgement from a community organization (ED, SBDC, your bank) indicating your business was in operation in February 2020.